Everything you need to know about the new Volvo XC60
Volvo has released its stylish, smart and purposeful XC60.
Volvo appeared at the Geneva 2017 Motor Show alongside their second generation of the Volvo XC60. This family SUV will sit beneath the XC90 in the range but offers improved features like: a five-seat cabin and a large capacity boot. As always, the Volvo brand promises and has provided impeccable safety and comfortable seats.
Charmingly, the styling of the XC60 offers a minimalistic aesthetic, shaping and curving the body of the car. The uncomplicated details compliment the picturesque silhouette of the XC60. Volvo’s vice president of design Thomas Ingenlath states,
“I am relaxed coming out with the XC60 because it isn’t such a revolution [as the XC90 was]. But it is a big step and improvement with the new platform. I’m tempted to ask: ‘what could go wrong?'”
The sportier, lower sitting SUV offers aesthetics like “Thor’s hammer” T-sideways headlights, muscular-like door creases and a more prominent grill.
A closer look:
– T8 Twin Engine petrol plug-in hybrid which delivers 407 hp and acceleration from 0-100 km/h in just 5.3 seconds.
– An engine feature has been incorporated to reduce the carbon footprint of the car. It is a CleanZone four-zone climate control system that removes harmful pollutants and particles from outside the car so that clean and fresh air comes into the car.
– Sensus in-car technology
– Built-in WiFi
– Navigational system with real-time traffic (optional)
– Eco+ function
– Blindspot Monitor system
– Back up camera and rear parking sensors
– Volvo On Call with engine remote start
– Panoramic sunroof
– Leather seats with driver seat memory
The Volvo XC60 boasts incredible safety features. The newest features include Steering Wheel Assist, which will lessen head-on and lane-changing collisions. It also features Pilot Assist, which allows the vehicle to take care of steering, acceleration and breaking on well-marked highways as long as the driver keeps their hands lightly on the steering wheel.
Watch Volvo’s 50km/h roll-over crash test below. This is a true testament to the car’s safety features and brand promise.
The simplistic yet innovative Volvo XC60 proves that safety and pure design are an ideal team. We are looking forward to seeing them on the road!