Keeping your vehicle regularly maintained and serviced not only ensures that it remains in excellent condition, costing you less upkeep, but it also increases the resale value come time to upgrade to a newer model.
In Part I, we mentioned the first 5 things you can do regularly to keep your vehicle in excellent condition. In Part II, we mention the next 5:
• Continuously monitor oil levels – Oil is what essentially keeps your vehicle running smoothly. Make sure you check the oil levels regularly (about once a week) and ensure that you change your oil around every 5000kms or 6 months, whichever comes first.
• Keep your interior clean – While this may seem like an obvious thing to do, with busy schedules and running around, you could be going weeks without cleaning the inside of your vehicle. The interior is often the deal breaker when it comes to selling your vehicle, so regular vacuums and washes can help keep it looking new and fresh.
• Deal with dents and scratches right away – A small scratch or dent here or there may not be very noticeable off the bat, however, over the years these could add up, leaving your vehicle looking worse for wear. Make sure that, wherever possible, you fix any dents and scratches as and when they happen.
• Rotate your tyres – Making sure your wheels are aligned (as mentioned in Part I) is one thing, but don’t forget to rotate your tyres regularly too. This helps ensure that the tyres sustain wear evenly which in the long run extends their lifespan.
• Always make use of trusted mechanics – should your vehicle need to go to a mechanic for whatever reason, make sure that you always use reputable mechanics who are trusted in the industry. You could ask around for recommendations, visit your nearest vehicle make dealership or read reviews online.
Paying attention to these 10 tips will ensure your vehicle stays in the best condition so that you can enjoy a smooth drive for longer, as well as a good return on investment when the time comes to sell.
If you have any more tips that we haven’t yet mentioned, share them with us below!
Keeping your vehicle regularly maintained and serviced not only ensures it remains in excellent condition, costing you less upkeep, but it also increases the resale value come time to upgrade to a newer model.
Here are 5 things you can do regularly to keep your vehicle in excellent condition:
- Service your vehicle regularly – almost every manufacturer has recommended services scheduled according to year or kms travelled in which they service certain aspects of the vehicle. Make sure you stick to the allocated services and wherever possible, try to go to the manufacturer itself to ensure original parts are used.
- Keep inspecting your vehicle regularly yourself – get to know your vehicle and the indicators for when something goes wrong. If warning lights go on, address them immediately; if something feels off, get it looked at sooner rather than later. This will avoid further problems down the line.
- Check your tyre tread regularly – tyres can last a long time but when they start disintegrating, they do so quickly so continuously monitor your tyres, checking the tread to ensure that they are aligned with the recommended width. Driving on the road with little to no tread is a recipe for disaster.
- Pay attention to wheel alignment – we may overlook the seriousness of wheel alignment as we become used to controlling the pull, however, leaving our wheels unaligned causes further damage to tyres and other areas of the vehicle down the line. Make sure you correct you wheel alignment immediately once you feel it’s unaligned.
- Replace windshield wipers – not only do worn windscreen wipers hamper vision during wet weather making it dangerous to be on the roads, but they scratch your windscreen too. Regularly check your windscreen wipers to ensure they’re in good condition and replace them when they start giving in.
Stay tuned for our next blog post with more maintenance tips to keep your luxury vehicle in the best condition.